Captiva Island Florida Beach Access
There are no bike trails on Captiva, but cyclists are
free to use the roads. If you follow the main road, it will take you from
one end of Captiva to the other. There's beach access at both ends of the
island. The distance is 4.8 miles, from Blind Pass at the southern end of
the island to the public parking lot at the northern end. Beaches can be
found at either end.
Captiva sand seems a bit less powdery that Sanibel sand.
Pets are not allowed on Captiva beaches.
Turner Beach / Blind Pass
A favorite spot for watching sunsets, Turner Beach is located at the
southwestern tip of Captiva, just after crossing Blind Pass from Sanibel
Parking costs $2 per hour, and there are restrooms, showers, and water.
Blind Pass no longer separates the two islands; the beach actually continues uninterrupted
from the southern end of Captiva to Sanibel.
On the road:
From Sanibel, follow Sanibel-Captiva Road to
its western end, and cross the bridge. The bike path will end about 1/10
mile before the bridge, just continue on the road and across the bridge.
Coming from Captiva, follow Captiva Drive to the south, and the beach is just before the
Northern Captiva Beach Access
Cars: there are only a few parking spots here, and the cost is $2 per hour.
Restroom facilities are provided by portable toilets (i.e. port-a-potties).
Follow Captiva Drive to the parking lot at the northern end. The road
beyond the parking lot is private.
Slightly south of there, you'll also find nice beach access at the western end of Andy Rosse Lane, but no public car parking.
It makes for a nice place to take a walk after dinner at the Mucky Duck.
Using the interactive map:
- Use the + and - controls on the left to zoom in and out.
- Double-click any spot on the map to re-center the map.
- Click and hold your mouse button down, moving your mouse to "drag" the map.
- Click the "pushpin" marker (if any) for additional details on the Sanibel hotel or attraction.
- Click Map for a standard road map, or Satellite for a photographic image
- Zoom out (click -) if you get this message:
- If you have plotted two points but can only see one, you may need to zoom out or re-center the map.
Every attempt is made to ensure the information is accurate and up-to-date.
However, no representation is made nor warranty given as to the content or the reliability thereof.
User assumes all risk of use, and all responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Please let us know
if you find any error or omissions.